Pumpkin for dinner

8:22 AM

So what's better on a cold and wet autumn night than pumpkin soup? The whole pumpkin soup or pumpkin pie for that matter has never been something Norwegians put on top of their list, but it's definitely being more recognized for the amazing plant it is.

My Australian partner told me how much he loves it when they have pumpkin soup at his office, I figured I should try making it for him (for both of us of course) and this delicious soup is what I ended up with.

Pumpkin soup in 3,3L Le Creuset

1 tsp oil (I use a mix between canola oil and olive oil)
1 yellow onion
1 clove of garlic

2 glasses of water (about 1L)
1/2 pumpkin (I used the regular one, but you can use whatever you have on hand)
3 small potatoes
3 medium sized carrots

1 dice of vegetable broth

Cut all the vegetables into dices, or small cubes.

Heat up the pot with a teaspoon of oil and cook the onion and garlic. Once the garlic and onion have turned somewhat transparent, add the pumpkin, potatoes, and carrots. Add the broth to the mixture and then the water. Let this cook and simmer on medium for about 40 minutes, or until the pumpkin has turned into a bright orange color. It should be easy to "smash" it.

Now, you can either use a hand blender or a big blender. I have a Kenwood machine where I can attach a blender to it and this is method is definitely my favorite method. Make sure you take some of the broth out of the pot, if not the soup might be more runnier than creamy. Once blended, add salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.

Serve with fresh bread with butter.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest

Subscribe